Required Volume of Cement = 1/4 x 1.55 (Bulkage & Wastage) x Mortar Volume.
How do you calculate cement for 100m2 plastering?
Plastering Work Ratio Calculation – For a better understanding, we are going to do this calculation for 100 Sq.m area.
- To calculate the cement and sand for 100 m 2 plastering area in 1:6 ratio and 12 mm thickness.
- Cement Mortar Required :
- Plastering thickness 12 mm = 12/1000 = 0.012m
- Volume of cement mortar required = ( Plastering Area x thickness )
= 100 m 2 x 0.012m = 1.2 m 3 (This is wet volume that means we need this much volume of cement mortar after mixing water, So for dry volume, we have to add 30-35% as bulkage of sand, we are using 35% and wastage as 20%) Consider 35% Sand Bulkage = 1.2 m 3 x (1+0.2+0.35) (Many of us would use 1.54 as constant)
- = 1.86 m 3
- Cement : Sand (Ratio) = 1 : 6 ( Total = 1+6 = 7 Parts )
- Cement required (1 Part) = 1.86 x 1/7
= 0.265 m 3 /0.0347
- = 7.66 bags (Approx – 8 Bags)
- Sand required (5 Part) = 1.86 x 6/7
- = 1.59 m 3
We normally use Sq.m while calculating plastering cement mortar. If you want to calculate it in Sq.ft Just convert that sq.ft into Sqm using and then use this formula.
What is the quantity of cement and sand for plastering work?
How To Calculate Cement, Sand Quantity For Plastering? – Following points should be remembered while calculating the quantity of cement, sand for plastering work.1. For wall plastering, Cement : Sand = 1 : 6 2. For ceiling plastering, Cement : Sand = 1 : 4 3.
- Thickness of plaster should be in between 12-15 mm.
- If an additional coat is required then do not do it at one go.4.
- Use good quality of cement & Sand.5.
- Use measuring box (not head pan) for site mix.
- We will calculate cement and sand for 100 m 2 plastering area in 1:6 ratio and thickness of 12 mm.
- Cement Mortar Required: Plastering thickness = 12 mm = 12/1000 = 0.012m Volume of cement mortar required = ( Plastering Area x thickness ) = 100 m 2 x 0.012m = 1.2 m 3 (This is wet volume of cement mortar (after mixing water) but we need dry volume.
To get dry volume consider 35% bulking of sand and 20% wastages = 1.2 m 3 x (1+0.2+0.35) (Rather than 35% sand bulkage and 20% wastage you can add 1.54 as constant) = 1.86 m 3 Cement : Sand = 1 : 6 Sum of ratio =( 1 + 6) = 7 ∴ Cement required = 1.86 x 1/7 = 0.265 m 3 = 0.265/ 0.0347 ( 0.0347 m3 = 1 bag = 50 kg cement) = 7.66 bags ( ≈ 8 Bags) ∴ Sand required = 1.86 x 6/7 = 1.59 m 3 Here we have calculated in Sq.m but you can also calculate it in Sq.ft.
How to calculate the volume of plastering work?
How to Calculate Cement Consumption in Brickwork? – After that, we have to calculate the amount of cement mortar required for brickwork
- Required Amount of Cement Mortar = 1 m 3 – Volume of Bricks without Mortar
- Required Amount of Cement Mortar = 1 – 0.7695
- Required Amount of Cement mortar = 0.2305 Cu.m. (m 3 ) (Wet Condition)
The volume is in a wet state so that we need 0.2305 cement mortar in mixed condition (after adding water). In order to calculate the dry volume, we have to multiply 33 % as bulkage of sand.
- Dry Volume of a Mortarr = Required Amount of Cement mortar x
- Dry Volume of a Mortar = 0.2305 m 3 x 1.33
- Dry Volume of a Mortar = 0.306565 m 3
We know the cement mortar ratio for brickwork is 1:6 (where the 1 part is of Cement and the 6 Part Sand). The sum of this cement sand Ratio is = 1+6 = 7,
- Required Amount Cement Quantity in Brickwork = Dry Volume of a Mortar x Cement Sand Ratio x Density of Cement
- Required Amount Cement Quantity in Brickwork = 0.306565 x 1/7 x 1440 kg
- Required Amount Cement Quantity in Brickwork = 63 Kg
- Required Amount Cement Quantity in Brickwork = 63 kg/ 50 kg ( Cement Bag Weight)
- Required Amount Cement Quantity in Brickwork = 1.26 bags
- Required Amount of Sand = Dry Volume of a Mortar x Sand Cement Ratio
- Required Amount of Sand = 0.306565 x 6/7
- Required Amount of Sand = 0.26277 Cubic metre (m 3 )
So for the construction of 1 cum of brickwork, we need
- 500 Numbers of brick.
- 63 kg of cement.
- 263 m 3 of sand.
Also, Read: Definition Related for Plastering Work | Tools For Plastering | Preparation of Background for Plastering
What is the cement mortar ratio for ceiling plastering?
How to Calculate Cement, Sand Quantity for Plastering? In this post, we are going to explain you, How to Calculate Cement, Sand Quantity for Plastering? Please note, before using the calculator embedded in this post understand the plastering cement mortar calculation concept. Before beginning to work on the plastering calculation, note down these general things
- Cement Mortar Ratio for wall plastering 1:6
- Cement Mortar Ratio for ceiling plastering 1:4
- Plastering thickness should not be more than 12-15 mm. If there is a need for an additional coat don’t do that at one go.
- Ensure you are using good quality of cement & Sand (In, we have discussed how bad sand quality affects the work)
- Also, ensure you are using measuring box (not head pan) for site mix ( Here is the basic )
- Please do read the post for the complete list.