(Shutterstock) At a time when several real estate developers are competing in the market to offer multiple residential units at interesting prices, it’s important for the buyer to ensure that the construction is of good quality. If you are a homebuyer and planning to invest in an under-construction project, checking and measuring the construction quality of the project should be of paramount importance.
When investing in such a property, it is advisable to make a surprise visit to the construction site and check the construction quality. Although checking the construction quality is not an easy task, MakaaniQ tells you how to take a quality test. Investigate the soil The quality and type of soil on which the building is built are very crucial.
The soil type differs from place to place and the type of soil determines whether it can bear the foundation of a high-rise. Clay-rich soil and black cotton soil are examples of some forms of soils which are not recommended for construction as they tend to expand, swell and shrink depending upon moisture or water.
A soil test is conducted before the construction process begins. You can ask for a copy of the test from your developer. Determine the structure design Being a layman, it may be difficult for you to rightly understand the structural design of the building. Take the help of an expert to determine the design created by the architect.
It is important to assess the property thoroughly for the strength to resist the earthquake of a certain magnitude. Check the concrete mix The strength of concrete determines the load a structure can bear and carry. Usually, developers monitor the quality and strength of the concrete, but at times, it gets difficult to prepare the mix and check the concrete every time.
In such cases, it is always better to opt for ready-mix concrete as an alternative. Inspect the wall thickness In the layout agreements, the developers mention the width of walls. Take a tour to the construction site to check if he has actually put them into practice. During the check, use any key and try to press against the wall.
If you can easily make a hole with it, it is evident that the developer has used low-quality material. Also, to check the hollowness of the wall, tap with your knuckles to hear the kind of sound it makes. Ensure safety features Check the safety measures taken by the developer such as earthquake resistance, emergency evacuation or fire exit.
- Check the size and space of the stairway.
- It should be wide enough for two people to run alongside, in case of emergency.
- Look for paint and plastering quality Check the plastering on the outer walls.
- The uneven cracks on the wall plastering is an indicator that the foundation or the quality of the building construction is not good.
Similarly, quality paint on the walls enhance visual appeal and improves the longevity of the walls and wooden spaces. Examine the elevators There have been cases where elevators have fallen in buildings, either due to poor maintenance or improper installation.
- Check for the licence and maintenance of elevator as taken by the developer.
- Also, check for the elevator ratio in the residential project.
- Generally, three elevators and one service lift are ideal for a single tower.
- Do check for its capacity too, especially in case of high-rises as it should be able to accommodate more people in a single trip.
Last Updated: Wed Dec 05 2018 Architecture an. under-construct. makaaniq-india Real Estate Con. Quality Check
- 1 What are the 5 ways of defining quality?
- 2 What are 4 main elements of quality?
How do you determine the quality of a material?
2. Certification and Lab Testing of Materials – As mentioned above, lab testing can be costly and time consuming. Also, lab testing typically only checks one or a few pieces of material out of a large order. Samples are usually pulled before production and, depending on the length of a project, once or twice farther down the production line (see What is a Product Testing Lab? ). Despite this, lab testing is the only real way to verify that quality of the raw materials used meets your design specifications. In this case, this is the only way you can really verify the leather comes from a cow. Depending on how your product is used, this is often the only way to certify that your product and its component materials comply with your local regulations for health and safety.
What are the parameters to be considered when selecting a construction material?
A sound and good quality building material is essential for constructing structures with satisfactory strength, durability, serviceability, aesthetics, etc. It can also affect the project and maintenance costs to a large extent. Therefore, the selection of materials should be carried out carefully to fulfill the objectives of the design and specification documents.
What are the 5 ways of defining quality?
Five major approaches to the definition of quality can be identified: (1) the transcendent approach of philosophy; (2) the product-based approach of economics; (3) the user-based approach of economics, marketing, and operations management; and (4) the manufacturing-based and (5) value-based approaches of operations
What is the three factors to be considered when choosing the right material?
The basic three things to consider while choosing a material are the cost of the material, the producer of the material, and the brand of the material. – Explanation:
The basic three things to consider while choosing a material are the cost of the material, the producer of the material, and the brand of the material. If the cost of the material is very high then it will be very difficult to get the end product sold. Try to get material at a reasonable price. Trust worth and a promising producer will always provide material with good quality. Different producers have a different method of production, and the method of production often determine the quality of the product The Material should be purhased from a named brand. The good quality brand is always reliable.
How is cement quality measured?
Fineness test on cement – The fineness of cement is responsible for the rate of hydration, rate of evolution of heat and the rate of gain of strength. Finer the grains more is the surface area and faster the development of strength. The fineness of cement can be determined by Sieve Test or Air Permeability test. Air Permeability Test: Blaine’s Air Permeability Test is used to find the specific surface, which is expressed as the total surface area in sq.cm/g. of cement. The surface area is more for finer particles,
What is the most important factor when choosing materials to buy?
Fabrication and Material Costs – Of the three considerations listed, the most obvious is that of the cost of materials. However beyond just the specific monetary amount of the material, the actual physical fabrication of the material must be a considered factor. Some materials are easier to manipulate and thus fabricate than others, thereby resulting in a significant cost differential.
What are the 7 dimensions of quality?
Thus, the OECD views quality in terms of seven dimensions: relevance; accuracy; credibility; timeliness; accessibility; interpretability; and coherence.
What are 4 main elements of quality?
This article is about the general topic of quality management. For the specific approach to quality management from the 1980s, see Total quality management, Quality management ensures that an organization, product or service consistently functions well.
- It has four main components: quality planning, quality assurance, quality control and quality improvement,
- Quality management is focused not only on product and service quality, but also on the means to achieve it.
- Quality management, therefore, uses quality assurance and control of processes as well as products to achieve more consistent quality,
Quality control is also part of quality management. What a customer wants and is willing to pay for it, determines quality. It is a written or unwritten commitment to a known or unknown consumer in the market. Quality can be defined as how well the product performs its intended function.
How do you determine quality and quantity?
Quality is a measure of excellence or of a state of being. It describes something, either of how it was made, or how it is as compared to others. Quantity, on the other hand, is the extent, size, or sum of something. It is countable or measurable and can be expressed as a numerical value.
What is a quality of material?
Safety – Quality materials have higher endurance and resistance to both time and weather conditions, which provides you with a higher assurance of safety. Through the proper construction of walls, the entire design’s integrity is increased. A professional team of bricklayers is aware of every building regulation and legislation, ensuring they are adhered to and that they provide you with a safe solution.