Parts of a roof
- Decking (or sheathing) Usually made from 1⁄2-inch plywood, the decking closes and reinforces the roof structure and provides a nailbed for the shingles.
- Attic. The space under the roof.
- Valley. The ‘V-cut’ angle along the junction of two slopes of a roof.
- Eaves membrane.
- Underlay membrane.
- Drip edge.
- 1 What are the 5 structural components?
- 2 What are the four main components of a roof structure on a home?
- 3 What are the structural components?
- 4 What are some examples of structural components?
What are the 5 structural components?
Structural Elements means the structural portions of the roof, foundations, and structural walls ( excluding any exterior façade or exterior finish ), the floor slab, the foundation and the footings of the Building, The determination of whether or not Capital Work is required shall be made in accordance with standards customarily maintained by the owners of the Comparable Maintenance Standards Buildings,
As used herein, the term “Capital Work” shall mean repair, improvements or replacements that are considered capital repairs, improvements or replacements under generally accepted accounting principles that are consistent with industry standards and sound management practices, provided that if any repair, improvement or replacement work required at the Building would cost less than Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000) to complete, then such repair, improvement or replacement shall not constitute Capital Work hereunder and shall be performed by Lessee pursuant to Paragraph 11(a) above.
As used herein, the term ” Lessor Work ” shall mean ” Structural Work ” and “Capital Work,” collectively, Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything to the contrary herein, Lessee shall pay the cost of repairs for any damage to the Structural Elements, elements which would comprise items of Capital Work or the Exterior Common Areas caused by Lessee’s negligence, willful misconduct or the installation of any Alterations, to the extent (if any) not covered by the property insurance required to be carried by Lessor under the Lease,
What are the four main components of a roof structure on a home?
4 Components = 1 Roofing System – Shingles are familiar to most people, since they are the component of the system that’s the most visible. However, the remaining three components are also important and play key roles. Underlayment protects the roof deck from Mother Nature during installation.
- Underlayment is also the next line of defense if any shingles are ever blown or ripped off during high winds.
- The remaining two components are starter shingles and hip and ridge shingles, both of which are specialty shingle products designed to start and finish off the roof, protecting the top of the roof deck and providing a finished look — similar to the effect of crown molding and baseboards for interior walls.
For the most efficient roofing systems, roofing contractors should use complementary components from one manufacturer that are designed to work together for maximum performance and warranty value — although, that isn’t always the case.
What is a structure on top of roof is called?
These diminutive structures sit atop a roof ridge and bring light and air into a dark attic space. Check out a few cupolas that also bring style and interest to their top spots.
What is the main beam of a roof called?
Rafters – Rafters are the exposed beams you see in the ceiling and at the peak of a building that’s under construction. If you’re using manufactured roof trusses, this is the part that you won’t have to build yourself.
What are the 4 main structures?
What Are Some Types of Organizational Structures? – The four types of organizational structures are functional, multi-divisional, flat, and matrix structures. Others include circular, team-based, and network structures.
What are the 3 major components of a building structure?
Page 2 – basic components of a building Reading time: 1 minute The basic components of a building structure are the foundation, floors, walls, beams, columns, roof, stair, etc. These elements serve the purpose of supporting, enclosing and protecting the building structure. Fig.1.Basic Components of a Building; Image Courtesy: Decole Mentioned below are the 12 basic components a building structure.
RoofParapetLintelsBeamsColumnsDamp proof course (DPC)Walls FloorStairsPlinth BeamFoundationPlinth
What are the structural components?
9.3.4 Structural component synthesis – Structural components are determined by identifying structural units that need to be integrated to provide intermediary structural assemblies. Structural components represent the incremental assembly, integration, and testing of the software product providing successive levels of functionality.
- Structural components establish the strategy for software component integration and testing to be accomplished during software implementation.
- Structural components are specified by identifying the functional and performance characteristics that arise as a result of the integration of lower-level structural components or units.
During software implementation, structural components may require additional code to be generated to administer execution control logic. This will result in the recognition of internal and external interfaces that must be exercised during component integration and testing.
What are some examples of structural components?
Structural components means (i) the foundations, columns, girders, beams, supports, concrete slabs, roofs and other structural members of the Building, and (ii) those portions of the exterior walls of the Building lying outside of a plane which is the interior face of the window glass of such walls.
What is considered a structural repair of a roof?
What are the most common structural repairs? Structural repairs refer to repairs or replacement to the roof, foundation, floors, and permanent exterior walls and support columns of a building. Some of the most common types of structural repairs include GLB (glulam beam), purlin & sub-purlin, truss and column repairs which consist of concrete steel or wood.
- In general, what is entailed in these types of repairs? In some instances, GLB and purlin repairs, structural framing members are damaged either due to the weight they carry, faulty installations, or exposure to elements.
- In order to repair the damaged members, it is essential to replace the member with something similar or add extra steel to wood members of the existing beam.
In the case of GLB repairs, epoxy injection, steel rods, high-strength cable tensioning or steel rod tensioning are methods used to repair GLB’s. Similar to GLB and sub-purlin repairs, truss repairs sometimes use high tension cables to strengthen the bottom cord of the truss where most of the loading occurs.
- Other repairs include replacing or adding to existing vertical members and repairing the top and bottom cord of the existing truss.
- Columns can sometimes be damaged due to impact (forklift drivers) or normal deterioration.
- Column repairs may include shoring the beams to relieve the load on the damaged column.
Columns can be fixed either by the replacement of, or adding additional wood/ steel members to the existing column.