Which cement is the best OPC or PPC for house construction? – OPC cement is suitable for constructing a house in India. Usually, OPC 53 grade cement is best for structural members like footing, column, beam, and slab, While PPC cement is preferable for masonry, plaster, tiling waterproofing, and general work.
Which grade cement is better 43 or 53?
The differences between 53 Grade cement and 43 Grade Cement The differences between 53 Grade cement and 43 Grade Cement
|Title||43 Grade||53 Grade|
|Introduction||The 43 grade OPC is a popular general-purpose cement in the country today.||The 53 Grade OPC cement is higher strength cement used for strength concrete.|
|Production||The production of 43-grade OPC is nearly 50 percent.||The production of 53-grade OPC is nearly 40-50 percent.|
|Setting||It sets less quick than OPC 53 cement.||It sets very quickly and it has low initial setting times.|
|IS Code||IS 8112||IS 12269|
|Complete strength at||Continues to gain strength after 28th days||Early strength gain Ultimate strength gain is the same for both cements.|
|The heat of hydration||Medium||Faster|
|Uses||It is basically used for PCC and RCC works and for the purpose of waterproofing, plastering, tiling, Brick and stone masonry, and Flooring. Also used for the Finishes of bridges, culverts, roads, and water retaining structures.||All structures like footing, column, beam, and slab. Precast concrete items such as paving blocks, blocks, railway sleepers, poles, etc.|
- Grade 43
- It is basically used for PCC and RCC works and for the purpose of waterproofing, plastering, tiling, Brick and stone masonry, and Flooring.
- Also used for the Finishes of bridges, culverts, roads, and water retaining structures.
- Grade 53
- All structures like footing, column, beam, and slab.
- Precast concrete items such as paving blocks, blocks, railway sleepers, poles, etc.
1 month ago : The differences between 53 Grade cement and 43 Grade Cement
Which is the No 1 cement?
#1 Ultratech Cement – Market Cap.: Rs.1,71,000 Cr. Capacity: 119.95 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) Part of Aditya Birla Group, is the largest cement company in India and one of the largest cement manufacturers in the world. The Mumbai-based company produces grey cement, ready-mix concrete (RMC), and white cement.
- The company has a consolidated capacity of 119.95 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) of grey cement catering to the needs of international markets such as UAE, Sri Lanka and Bahrain.
- UltraTech is the largest manufacturer of grey cement and ready-mix concrete (RMC) and one of the largest manufacturers of white cement in India.
The firm is a founding member of the Global Cement & Concrete Association. The Indian concrete major is a signatory to the and hence shares the 2050 net-zero emissions goal on the Net Zero Concrete Roadmap announced by GCCA. UltraTech is the first company in India and the second company in Asia to issue dollar-based sustainability linked bonds.
- The firm also adopted tools like the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) and Internal Carbon Price as well as set ambitious environmental targets through both EP100 and RE100.
- The cement producer has a power generation capacity of 156 MW through waste heat recovery systems.
- The waste heat recovery capacity is expected to reach 302 MW by FY2024.
Further, over 80% of its power consumption is met through captive power plants, most run on fossil fuels. In the area of renewable energy, the firm professes plans to invest in solar power generation for captive usage. This is in addition to existing contract capacity of 148 MW renewable energy plants.
What is waterproof cement?
In cement: Types of portland cement Waterproof cement is the name given to a portland cement to which a water-repellent agent has been added. Hydrophobic cement is obtained by grinding portland cement clinker with a film-forming substance such as oleic acid in order to reduce the rate of deterioration when the
What are the 3 grades of cement?
Ordinary Portland cement (OPC) – Three different grades of Ordinary Portland cement are available in the Indian market, which are grade 33 (IS:269), grade 43 (IS:8112), and grade 53 (IS:12269). Grade 33 uses M20 grade concrete and is used for plastering.
Which cement is best or strong?
Which Cement Is Best OPC or PPC for House Construction? – OPC is the best for house construction in India. Generally, OPC 53 Grade cement is suitable for all RCC structures like footing, column, beam, and slabs, where ever initial and ultimate strength is the major structural requirement.
How many months can cement last?
The shelf life of cement is 3 months – When cement comes in contact of moisture, it undergoes a process called Hydration. This makes it crucial to protect cement from moisture even within the 3 month period. This is why it is important to store cement carefully and prevent it from coming in contact with moisture. Below are points to keep in mind when storing cement –
1.Keep cement in dry, leak-proof and moisture-proof environment.2.Doors and windows must be kept closed.3. Bags must be stacked on a wooden plank or on a strong tarpaulin at 6 inch above the ground.
Which grade of cement is mostly used in construction?
1. Ordinary Portland Cement 33 Grade. Typically implemented for the general civil construction purposes like plastering, flooring and masonry and is used up to M20 grade concrete. This type of cement features low compressive strength and low heat hydration which ensures lesser cracking.